2.4K views
2.8
Poster increased review rating.

In the past month I have spent quiet a bit of money at Rue 21 online. I have a store near my house so I always do the, "Ship to Store" option.

When I got my order I received 2 coupons for a total of 40 Rue Bucks. I put a few things in my shopping cart (which most things are out of stock and they do not tell people). The total in my cart was under $55.00 dollars. I tried to use the 40 Rue Bucks and of course it would not let me.

So, I proceeded to call customer service. Which was an even BIGGER JOKE! The first person I spoke with (someone who is obviously from another country and acted like an American was bothering him..) told me very rudely that I did not understand how the Rue Bucks worked. No, I understand now that Rue 21 wants me to spend 80.00 dollars and use the Rue Bucks.

So basically they make back their 40 dollars in Rue Bucks they are giving you. Then he proceeded to tell me to spend 90.00 dollars for free shipping. I informed him I have a store near my home. I do not need free shipping, and that there was not 80.00 dollars worth of merchandise I wanted to buy, because I had already spent quite a bit at the store online already.

Also that they have not really updated their online store, and no new merchandise was available. The man did not ask for my name, or account info. He did not bother to look up my purchasing history with the store. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and at first he told me, "No".

I said, "excuse me? are you saying no to my asking for a supervisor"? He then told me it was not his fault I did not understand what he was trying to explain to me. He then put me on hold, and I was connected to a supervisor.

The supervisor was also from another country and acted like I was bothering him as well. Such disgust for Americans it is unmoral. The supervisor explained the same thing to me. Did not look up my information, or purchase history, and told me there was nothing he could do.

If I wanted to use the Rue bucks then spend 80.00 dollars.

I proceeded to tell him if this was how I was going to be treated that I would no longer do business with Rue 21. So, Rue 21 you have lost a good PAYING customer, and like I stated the Rue bucks are a SCAM.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rue 21 Rewards Program.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Rude customer service, Rue bucks scam, Long order processing time, Not letting customers know things are out of stock, Shipping.

Comments

If you had eliminated two phrases from your complaint, you'd sound slightly more legitimate and much less like a prejudiced buffoon. Namely:'(someone who is obviously from another country and acted like an American was bothering him..) " and "The supervisor was also from another country and acted like I was bothering him as well.

Such disgust for Americans it is unmoral." if you had just talked about how rude the service reps were, we'd all be thinking, "Wow, they were really rude!" But instead we see you ranting about someone being from "another country" and think, " Wow, what a buffoon! "The country or which one is completely irrelevant to whether they were rude or not, and no one owes you any sort of groveling politeness just because you were born on a different spot of dirt than they were. That's absurd.I have $80 in Ruebucks.

Tonight I am going to go to the store and load $160 in merchandise into my cart, pay $80, and leave the store with $160 in merchandise. I was trying to pick the best day to do it, which is how I came across this post.I am sure it would be easier to say 50% off, and I'm not sure what marketer thought it was a good idea to word it that way, but hey, they don't have to answer the phone when people don't understand the promotions.FYI, Hot Topic gives out their Hot Cash in a similar fashion.

Glad I read this my simple *** thought ruebucks was like the cash Kohl's. I have 140 ruebucks it's a nice deal but thought it was to use as purchasing not spending more money.

Thank you for all your comments. You learn something new everyday

to Bella doll #1462302

I'll take those off your Hands haha email me maddiecrisman.mc@gmail.com

Need to get more clothes...

you’re absolutely one of the people that makes working retail a living hell. try reading the back of the *** coupon next time- and if you don’t want to speak to customer service associates from another country, try shopping at a store that doesn’t abuse people in sweatshops to make all of its shitty clothing.

#1420644

The associates explain the rue bucks at check out, that’s number one. Number two if you are so illiterate That you can’t read the coupon thoroughly then you did the company a huge faver not shopping with them. It’s rude, hateful, and down right trash customers like you that make retail workers life’s a living ***

Lmfao!

I love my ruebucks.

Since you're done with yours, feel free to gift them to someone who understands how they work!

Honestly I agree with TheMisandry, rue21 is scamming people with false advertisement. They are making profit by making their customers fools.

Most people are attracted by the “spend $40 get 40” I know I was, but when it came time to actually spending the ruebucks, I couldn’t. After some research I came to learn that I had to spend $80. It is not clear and I think it is very unfair.

After having it explained to me it seems rather obvious but it sure as heck was not obvious and clear when I made the $40 purchase how I would actually be able to spend the ruebucks.

They made it seem so simple, yet it is way more complicated. Needless to say I will not be spending $80 to use rue21’s god forsaken ruebucks.

you sound gross and hateful and rude.

to Anonymous #1411366

Im gross and rude? Why not show who you really are instead of being a troll behind a anonymous user tag.

Now if your the same person saying I was racist. Quiet frankly it does not matter if your white or black. If your rude do not be in customer service.

Now.

As for the coupon. Lets stay on topic. The coupon did not say 20.00 dollars off of whatever.

It was a special coupon because I had ordered a lot of things. The coupon stated spend 40.00 get 40.00 off. The coupin stated nothing else. Not spend 80.00 and get 40.00 off.

The coupon was misleading. Therefore it felt like a scam. They should be more clear on their deals.

If I had read 40.00 off of 80.00 I wouldnt have made a post on this website.

If it had stated it on the coupon a post would have never been made. I can deal with someone being rude, but not when a company has not clearly stated something they are giving to their consumers.

to TheMisandry #1547625

I beg my daughter not to buy at Rue because their *** clothes don't last, sometimes not even one wash. I'd rather have quality and Rue 21 ain't where it is!!

20 off of 40. If you have two ruebucks then you can get 40 off of 80.

It's simple math and common sense. You sound like one of those customers that just like to have something to complain about and don't read the exemptions and rules on the coupons.

to Arianna #1411368

The coupon stated spend 40.00 get 40.00 off. The coupon stated nothing else. Not spend 80.00 and get 40.00 off. The coupon was misleading.

Therefore it felt like a scam. They should be more clear on their deals.

If I had read 40.00 off of 80.00 I wouldnt have made a post on this website. If it had stated it on the coupon a post would have never been made.

Ive used plenty of rue bucks in the past. I do read them.

Of course it cant be possible that a company made a coupon and was misleading. It must be the consumers fault.

to Arianna #1551042

The assistants at the store are misleading customers!

The rueBUCKS are a coupon that gives you $20 off when you spend $40, or more. It literally says that right on the front of the coupon.

I'm looking at one right now...

Also, you made yourself sound like {{Redacted}}. RELAX!

to Anonymous #1411369

Lets call someone a *** bag behind a anonymous tag...

If your rude do not be in customer service.

Now. Companies like to employ people from other countries because they cost less to employ and usually they know they can be rude. They do not care considering they are already paying them cheaply.

As for the coupon.

Lets stay on topic. The coupon did not say 20.00 dollars off of whatever. It was a special coupon because I had ordered a lot of things. The coupon stated spend 40.00 get 40.00 off.

The coupin stated nothing else. Not spend 80.00 and get 40.00 off. The coupon was misleading. Therefore it felt like a scam.

They should be more clear on their deals.

If I had read 40.00 off of 80.00 I wouldnt have made a post on this website.

They're a whole big scam all together. So disappointed in this store

to Anonymous #1411370